Wednesday, June 11, 2008

My History

My name is Gareth Dirlam, I was raised in San Diego County and was a teenager (relatively) next to the hot spot of technology. My father was a computer salesman, and I learned about business system programing and database systems at the age of twelve. I worked in financial departments starting in 1989 when I was 19, doing budgeting forecasts. Until now, I have worked mostly in the insurance and medical industries, besides maybe a year or two.

As a programmer (A name that in my thoughts becomes me best) I moved from script hacking to object oriented design in 1999 with the assistance and mentoring of some excellent engineers. I now write almost exclusively in C# and VB.net when I am on the server side.

As a engineer and system's architect who cares about tiers, I have done a lot of work with databases, and think that the database is a fine place to be. I work in database systems as a database designer, and believe strongly in them. I work primarily in SQL Server.

I am currently employed as an IT director in the real estate industry.

I am mostly a web programmer, preferring that platform for ease of deployment and also comfort with a tool set I have worked with for a long time. I know HTML/XML, CSS, XSLT and Javascript, and use them to improve the overall experience of the web applications I develop.

No comments: